Heronia - Car Rental Policy
Things you have to know before reserving a car. Read these useful terms in order to be prepared.
Our Prices Always include:
Your rental is protected with our Premium Insurance! In the event of damage or theft to the car, you are not required to pay any excess as long as the use of the car is according to terms & conditions below. At rental pick-up no credit card deposit is required and you will not be asked to pay extra for additional insurances.
- Collision damage waiver with ZERO EXCESS (CDW)
The renter is insured for the rental vehicle damaged by accident with no obligation to pay any excess
- Full collision damage waiver with ZERO EXCESS (FDW & WUG)
The renter is insured for damages caused to the underside of the vehicle, glass, tires and engine with no obligation to pay any excess. It may also be referred as Super Collision damage waiver (SCDW) or Full collision damage waiver (FCDW) or Wheels under side and glass insurance (WUG).
- Theft Protection with ZERO EXCESS (TP)
The renter is insured in case the vehicle is stolen, except if theft occurs because of negligence.
- Public Liability Insurance (PL)
The renter’s liability is covered to a maximum of €1.000.000 for death and bodily injuries and €1.000.000 for material damages. May also referred as PLI.
- Personal accident insurance (PAI)
Passengers of the rental vehicle are insured for death or bodily injuries in case of accident to a maximum of €1.000.000. Driver is insured to the amount of €15.000.
Heronia Cars Terms & Conditions
The drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age for all group of cars.
- Driver’s License
Drivers must hold a valid license for at least one (1) year.
- Traffic Violations, Traffic fines and Administrative Sanctions
Tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic law during rental period, is solely the renter’s responsibility. If any such administrative sanction is not disclosed to the company at the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.
Unlimited mileage is included in our rates.
V.A.T 24% is included in our rates.
- Additional Drivers
One (1) additional driver can be registered without any additional charge.
- Car Replacement in case of a breakdown/accident
In case of the unfortunate event of a breakdown/accident, your car will be replaced will another same or bigger size.
- Infant Seat, Baby Seat and Booster Seat
We offer 3 different types of child seats (Infant seat, Baby seat, Booster seat) offered Free of Charge.
- No additional charges on flight delays
All our employees are always informed for your arrival time, as well as last minute flight schedule changes that might occur. They will wait for your arrival flight in order to deliver you the booked vehicle.
- Modern and safe vehicles
We are able to guarantee that you will be delivered a safe, well maintained and well serviced vehicle.
- Cleaning, service, engine check and prompt attention
Our well-trained staff, both engineers and front-desk personnel, have checked the vehicle to be delivered in perfect condition.
- Road Map, GPS Sat Nav
Upon delivery, you will get a recent map of Crete island free of charge. We can offer you a GPS Sat nav device with the most recent map of Greece, the cost is €7 per day.
- Fuel Policy
- Option 1: Return as Collected
The renter has to return the vehicle with the same level of petrol as delivered.
- Option 2: Collect Full & Return Empty
The client has to pay locally for the initial tank of fuel. The car should then be returned with the tank as empty as possible, since there is no refund for unused fuel.
- Option 1: Return as Collected
- Key Loss
The customer is liable for all costs to replace keys which have been lost or damaged, the cost of retrieval of keys which have been locked inside a vehicle.
- Tyres Damages
Non-repairable/burst tyres are not covered by the insurance. If the tyre is repairable the customer may repair it and the company is obliged to refund any costs.
- Delay Return
First hour delay in return is not charged as long as our company is informed. Next 3 hours are charged at €10 per hour. Over 4 hours delay one day rate will be charged.
- Booking Cancellation
You can cancel your reservation without any cost up to 48 hours before picking-up our rental car.
- Delivery & Collection of vehicles
We can deliver/collect vehicles from all supported locations in our booking engine, including airports, ports and selected hotels. For places not included in our booking engine you may contact us in advance.
- Ferrying the vehicle & Across the border rentals
Ferrying the car to and from any island or mainland is not allowed. All insurances will be voided and the renter will be responsible for any damage caused if the vehicle is driven elsewhere than Crete Island.
- One Way Rentals
All cars available for one way rentals, provided that such arrangement is made at the commencement of the rental and confirmed on the rental agreement.
- Use of Car
All insurance coverings & waivers are valid provided that that the renter has complied with all terms & conditions. The renter is obliged to pay for repairing costs of any damage caused to the rental vehicle if the use of the car is not proper, as below:
- The vehicle is operated on any unauthorised road, non-asphalt road, dirt road or off-road (eg. Balos). The renter violates traffic rules (eg. road signs, speed limits, road direction). The renter ignores any unnoticed accident or damage to the vehicle. The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest or the vehicle is used for the purpose of reward (taxi service). The vehicle is driven by any person disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s licence appropriate for that vehicle or is not a registered driver in this agreement. The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his ability to drive the vehicle. The vehicle is operated outside of the hire or any agreed extension of that term. The vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged by the renter (note: burning out a clutch, sitting/standing on the bonnet/boot/roof of the vehicle, damages to the vehicle interior).